Saturday, January 07, 2006

SEVENTEEN

17


Being and living:

A life of a dad.

A 24/7 driver.

An inexperienced soldier.

A Jobless Financer.

A Stuggle for being a college student.

A downrigh independent.

A life-problems Connoisseur.

A straddle on a line called reality.

A lovestory that can only be seen on telenovelas.

A playgrounf of angst.

An interminable responsibility.

- - - Have been my life for the past few years- And i am only 17. haaayyy....

It was around 5 pm when i felt my cellphone vibrating on my pocket. At first, the message did not appear as alarming as it really was. It was My ate, asking me to rush her into the nearest hospital. I thought it was just something minor until i arrived home, and saw a girl laying on the floor while scorching in tremendous pain. Don't panic was the first thing that came to my mind. Instinctively, i rushed her to the nearest hospital while trying to contact some not-so-close titos for help because there was no one around (except for an unconcerned maid; my dad is in the states till now) to help us.

And now,here i am,living a life of a single dad, taking care of a 21 YO daughter, paying the hospital bills, sining the hospital waivers, buying fruits in the market for my sick childult (child-adult), etc.Thank God everything turned out fine after everything. (she is still in the hospital though)

As I was approaching my ate the moment i learned how serious the incedent was, I've gotten to realize how much responsibility was put unto my shoulders.Like having to make sure everything is fine n our house, having to know what time my ate will be home, having to know how much is our phone bill, our electic bill, and other oh-so-mature things in that sort. In short Responsibility not just for my ate, our house, our cars etc. but to my entire life as well. Literally, as of now, there's no one guiding my life. It is like Manning a self driven vehicle without even having anyone to guide you. I think aside from the known purposes for the movement of my dad to the US (he'll be back sometime soon, though); it's somehow meant for me to realize the true meaning of independence. It's weird when i hear someone screaming for independence,dont know why exactly, it just is. Perhaps,due to the responsibiltities given to me, i have had too much of independence already.

Here's one thing that i've learned, being downright independent (except economically) is not good at all. Somewhat, it's still better to hear someone nagging at you for going home late or for not going home at all; maybe because i just miss restrictions and the oh-so-kiddo things.

From then on, I started deeming such untimely responsibilities as a burden until i found out that such things would actually benifit me, someday. It's not that easy to explain things here, just try to read between the lines. Oh well, enough said.

Here's one thing funny about that realization, sa tingin ko pwede nako maging tatay?!hehehehehe!

Some pix:

Ironic. A nurse taken cared of a nurse. Yeah, shiz smylin. Ayos!


Zack pat chelsea titan . thank you guyz for being always there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home